It feels weird saying it but that's how long its been. 5 years. So much has changed over that time. People have come and gone; friends, boyfriends, colleagues. Some of them have resurfaced, some of them may never be in contact again. Your face for certain I know I will not see. But what makes it the hardest is the fact that memories begin to fade; your face, once so clear begins to blur. And whilst this scares part of me, I am comforted by the fact my life was touched by you; that I was lucky enough to have you as a godfather, I am proud of that fact; just as I know so many other people are proud of you and what you have sacrificed.
The rugby shirt you gave for my birthday has become my comfort blanket and is worn religiously on this day and on the day where the country remembers your sacrifice.
I hope that one day I will make you as proud as you have made me. And I know when that day comes you'll be smiling down on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment