Tuesday, 14 December 2010

It's a like thing

So a mate of mine recently wrote a blog of the things he liked and asked us at the end, what we liked. So...here goes:
I like waking up to see frost on the rooftops, I like sitting an watching snow from the window, I like crunchy snow that no-ones stepped in, similarly I like crunchy leaves that no ones stepped in. I like the colours of autumn (and yes, I'm aware that I seem to be moving backwards through the seasons).
I like listening to music that fits your every mood. I like waiting in lines to gigs and feeling the little butterflies in your stomach.
I also like those butterflies when you know you're falling for somebody or have already fallen and they still make you feel like you're the only one. I like hugs - especially the ones on a lazy day in bed when you just curl around someone special and become an utter tangle of legs and arms and cuddly toys.
I love that first breath of freedom - when you've made that right decision and the weight on your shoulders just kind of melts.
I like having moments where I can be a complete and utter child - watch films, wear a onesie and just giggle and laugh with the person next to me. I love falling asleep in that persons arms.
I like getting a kiss on the forehead - it makes me smile.
I like those moments with friends where you just dance around in your room and then fall about laughing; eventually forgetting what it is you were laughing about. I like it when you haven't seen your friends in ages and the hug you then get from them.
I like the smell of Christmas.
I like chocolate milkshake.

And after all that, it's plain to see I'm a simple pleasures kinda gal. I like listening to music with a happy memory attached and smiling like a lunatic on the train. I like the texts that have the same effect. I like the people that also appreciate the little things, because it's the little things that can make a day just a little brighter.

1 comment: