So I'm not going to lie, I'm using this blog as an easy way to get back into creative writing. I used to write all the time stories, blogs, journals! But then what happens, due to time, essays, work and a heap load of other stuff, we seem to hit a mental block!! I have tried to do stories recently - got half way through and then stopped, because there's so much on my mind that it becomes impossible to think about doing anything else. Every time I sat down to write something, everything that had been going on, everything that had been passing through my mind then just spins around - blocking all other creative thoughts from being written down on the page. Like just now for instance, although earlier I had plenty of ideas, now I'm sitting here with a blank sheet thinking..."aw hell". So I've been thinking, how is it best to get all these thoughts out of my head? Lie down and shut my eyes? sit in the darkness with a candle and a notebook, writing down whatever crazy thoughts come into your head? Apparently this is a common one for when you're struggling to sleep - writing down the thoughts racing through your mind before you sleep. Stress has a lot to do with influencing the way in which our mind works - we come to different conclusions about things, the smaller things irritate us, we find it harder to bring creativity to the forefront of our minds. But maybe for an hour of our day we should push something we enjoy to the top of the priorities list, because maybe, once we've done something we enjoy - just a little bit of that stress can be alleviated and maybe then we can focus on creating better of what is was that needed done in the first place.
And I'm now going to shut up and go to bed, cos from this blog and the amount I've wittered on, I can tell I'm tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment