Thursday, 26 May 2011

An Open Letter to Myself

So a friend of mine wrote one of these a while back. I thought it was a fantastic idea, but I was scared to write one myself. I have skeletons in my closet and a lot of demons that hide inside me that only a very select few get to see. But things have changed recently. I fell in love, head over heels, I trusted someone and gave them my heart and they gave me theirs back. Things change though, as they always seem to and once again, I was left alone. Or should I say; lonely but not alone.
People have always been there for me, but even that doesn't come close to the intimacy you can feel with the one you love. You share each others hopes and dreams and fears and never once think that they will find you stupid. Indeed, you can act like complete idiots with each other and not have a care in the world. I found that person and in one moment all that was gone. I'm not trying to say my experiences are worse than anyone elses. I appreciate that heartbreak can happen for anyone. Sometimes 6 months into a relationship, others 4 years. But no matter how long you've been with that person, if you loved them thats that, and everyone can appreciate the hurt of loving someone too much. So here's my letter to myself.

Sarah,
I know you feel let down, that everytime you let someone in you get left disappointed, your trusting and put your all into a relationship; don't let the world take that from you. No matter how bitter the disappointment, there's someone out there who wants to give you themselves and will never cease to amaze you and try his hardest not to disappoint you. Your faith in people is what makes you who you are, don't lose it.

I know you don't have confidence in yourself, in your looks or what you have to offer people but listen to what your close friends tell you, you are worth knowing and your not as ugly and fat as you think you are, you're always so critical of yourself, let go of the past and enjoy yourself.

Take on board Steve's words. You can be whatever you want to be, just put your mind to it. Get your head down at uni and really make these 4 years worth it. And SOCIALISE MORE! It's not gonna kill you! Just maintain your self respect, you're worth more than one night stands.
Keep smiling, keep busy and keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment