Monday, 30 May 2011

What Happens Next :)

I'm sorry.
Sometimes, I get a jealous thinking that someone else could make you happier than I could. I guess it's my insecurities acting up. Because I know I'm not the prettiest, smartest, or most fun and exciting. But, I do know that no matter how hard and long you look; you'll never find somebody that loves you like I do.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Now one of my close friends hates Cosmo magazine. Perhaps understandable...being a bloke and all. And he's probably going to hate the fact that I have taken advice from this magazine; however it is moving on advice and I feel a hell of a lot lighter. Why spend weeks or months waiting for the one you thought loved you to even speak to you, no matter how many times you try to make just civil conversation?!
Advice Point 1: Watch Marley & Me...or any other film that makes you blub your eyes out. Have a weekend of watching this films. Get as much grieving done over that weekend as possible. After that, get your act together. Pamper yourself - hair, nails, shopping and exercise - make yourself busy.
Advice Point 2: Change Your Brain. Fair enough - you can't get someone out of your mind straight away Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind style (gutting I know)  but you can make yourself feel better. Surround yourself by friends and get plenty of hugs (hugs drive up oxytocin which is present at orgasm which apparently your body craves after a break up (or any other time of the day)).
Advice Point 3: Delete his number. Ok so I haven't quite followed this one yet. Buuut, his picture has been removed from my locket, his belongings have been dropped off at his dads and communication is almost entirely cut anyway. I'm not sinking to the level of begging or craving contact from him. It ended it for a reason, if thats the way he wants things, that's the way they'll be, I can't live my life wondering what if and why. I have a life to lead with amazing friends and a loving heart, sometimes I may feel lonely but I'm never alone.
Advice Point 4: Don't sleep with him. Well....I don't think there's a chance of that happening - one of the advantages of long distance. So thanks Cosmo but this ones not much use for me.

This is the last post of this kind. It's time to move on. Enjoy myself an not worry about 'what I did wrong'. Eventually, I'll open my heart up again and find someone else. Until then, I'll enjoy what I've got, work hard, go to Africa for what will be the best experience of my life and save up the cash so I can get back to being a social bunny next year ;)

1 comment: